PSIA-AASI NRM Membership Application
Snowsports School Membership
Interested in volunteering?
PSIA-AASI NRM Contacts
PSIA-AASI National website
PSIA-AASI NRM Rules and Regulations
PSIA-AASI NRM Bylaws
The Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) and American Association of Snowboard Instructors (AASI) are nonprofit associations dedicated to promoting the sports of skiing and snowboarding through instruction. With more than 31,000 members, PSIA-AASI establishes credentialing standards for snowsports instructors and develops education materials to be used as the core components of instructor training.
With its large membership base, PSIA-AASI is a significant grassroots organization whose members spend more time with the skiing and snowboarding public than any other snowsports area employee. PSIA-AASI supports snowsports area management through research and development of instructional programs in alpine skiing, nordic skiing, and snowboarding. The association also develops education materials and programs to serve specific snowsports populations, such as children and adaptive skiers and riders.
It is the vision of PSIA-AASI to inspire lifelong passion for the mountain experience. And it is our mission to support our members, as a part of the snowsports industry, to:
- Develop personally and professionally
- Create positive learning experience
- Have more fun
PSIA-AASI is made up of nine divisions, each representing a distinct region of the United States. The Northern Rocky Mountain (NRM) division, with approx 1,000 members, represents snowsport professionals in Montana, North and South Dakota, and Wyoming as well as Garmisch Germany and a few other European locations.
Together PSIA-AASI and NRM are dedicated to supporting the profession of snowsports instruction. Whether you teach on the snow part time or full time, or a large or small area, and regardless of the tool on your feet, our sole purpose is to support you in your job. We do this by:
- Giving you the tools you need to excel
- Offering educational events to improve your skills as a skier, rider and teacher
- Providing a system of certification for instructors that rewards and recognizes three levels of achievement in teaching and skiing/riding
- Providing professional credibility for members, both with the general public and within ski area management.
- Keeping you up to date as our sports and our industry change