Forms for running events (roster, liability release, evaluations, etc.)
Aug 2010 Note - NRM NES staffing policies are currently being reviewed and revised. Updated info will be available by October. The following info was current through the 2009-2010 season.
The first step....
1. Prerequisites - Prior to applying for NES-IT, candidates must satisfy the following prerequisites:
a) Current PSIA-NRM membership
b) Actively teaching Nordic Skiing
c) Current employment by a Snowsports School or Nordic Center;
d) Nordic Certified Level 3 Telemark or Track instructor.
2. Submit the completed NES-IT Application Form to the PSIA-NRM Nordic Chair, two weeks prior to the NES Fall Training. The candidate will be informed via email with in 5 days with a decision on the application.
3. Attendance at Fall NES Training
Steps for NES-IT to become NES Members
1. The NES-IT shall audit/shadow the following:
a) One clinic
b) One Level 1 Certification Exam
c) One level 2/3 Certification Exam
d) Lead one clinic with a NES staff member as a mento
e) Lead one Level 1 Certification Exam with a NES staff member as mentor
f) Assist one Level 2/3 Certification Exam with feedback from Lead Examiner following the event.
2. Completion of the applicable Professional Development & Skills Proficiency Log. These NES-IT will be mentored through this process by the NES, Chief Examiner and Nordic Chair.
Application to be approved as an NES staff Member.
1. NES Candidate Application – The NES-IT shall prepare and submit an application to the Nordic Chair consisting of the following:
a) A cover letter, addressed to the current PSIA-NRM Nordic Chair, stating the candidate’s desire to be approved as a NES staff member, and listing the contents of the application package, signed by the NES-IT
b) The NES-IT/NES Candidate Personal Information Form
c) Completed NES-IT/NES Candidate checklist
d) Completed Professional Development & Skills Proficiency Log
e) The Nordic Chair/Chief Examiner (CE) Recommendation Form
f) The Snowsports School Director/Nordic Center Director Recommendation and Clinic leading Hours Verification Form
g) Optional letters of recommendation (limit 1).
2. NES Staff Approval/Disapproval – Upon receipt of the application by the PSIA-NRM Nordic Chair, the NES staff shall determine the approval or disapproval of the NES candidate’s application in accordance with the following procedure.
a) The candidate shall be informed in writing by the Nordic Chair if the application is complete within ten (10) calendar days of the receipt of the application, if the application is deemed incomplete, the application shall be returned to the candidate with a request for additional information.
b) Once the application is deemed complete by the Nordic Chair, the current NES staff shall vote to approve or disapprove of the candidate as a NES staff member, the approval or disapproval of the candidate’s application shall be made within twenty (20) calendar days of the application being deemed complete, and the candidate shall be informed of NES staff’s decision in writing
c) If the application is disapproved by NES staff, the candidate shall be provided with written feedback from the NES staff to the candidate stating the reasons why the candidate’s application was not approved
d) Note that placement in the active NES pool shall be determined by staffing and scheduling needs, the staff member’s amount of involvement and commitment to the Nordic community, and physical location of the events.
NES Hiring Packet - updated March 2010